Brands We Deal In
A touch screen is a display device that allows the user to interact with a computer by using their finger or stylus. They can be a useful alternative to a mouse or keyboard for navigating a GUI (graphical user interface). Touch screens are used on a variety of devices, such as computer and laptop displays, smartphones, tablets, cash registers, and information kiosks. Some touch screens use a grid of infrared beams to sense the presence of a finger instead of utilizing touch-sensitive input.
Projected Capacitive Touch Screens
- PCAP touch screen software is typically used in smart phones and tablets, but can also be used for much larger screens.
- It works through the use of a conductive grid that recognizes changes in its electromagnetic field by the touch of your finger.
- Projected capacitive touch screen technology does not require a bezel.
- They detect only fingers or styluses.
- PCAP displays very accurate, and capable of up to 60 touch points.
- We can develop the ideal solution for your upcoming project as market applications.
Infrared Touch Screens
- IR touch technology involves an embedded overlay of infrared beams from top to bottom and side to side around the device’s bezel.
- When the invisible plane provided by the beams in broken by any object, the device registers a touch point.
- With up to 40 simultaneous touch points, IR touch screen displays are a bit less accurate than PCAP displays.
- That said, Infrared displays are still quite accurate enough to be used in a wide variety of settings.
- But when used outdoors on a bright and sunny day, the sunlight can sometimes interfere with the overlay’s touch reception.
Optimum’s Touch Technology
Interactivity is taking the market by storm. As users get familiar with mobile devices and tablets they want the same experience on desktop and public venue displays. Natural human interface research is showing that Touch is everywhere and Optimum is prepared with leading-edge interactive display technology, award-winning products and service and support to make any installation a success.
Optimum is a leader in durable, vibrant touch screen display solutions providing a range of high-quality solutions across a spectrum of interactive technologies.
From point-of-sale (POS) and kiosks to multi-user video walls, Optimum offers a wide range of touch screen display solutions for today’s modern environments
Wide Range of Touch Display Solutions
With a wide range of interactive touch solutions, Optimum’s interactive displays represent best-in-class image performance while tailored to meet the unique needs of each application. Built for the most demanding environments and to customers’ exacting standards, Optimum displays offer unmatched performance, durability and value across our broad product offering.